History is a witness that all the emperors and kings that have ever known to exist were not only the rulers of a large empire, but they also ruled their massive beards. Since beard has been a sign of masculinity from a time that we can’t ever imagine to this modern era, it is important to note that growing fuller and thicker beard has never been a cinch. Men face infinite problems in growing facial hair. May it be itchiness or patience or lack of nutrients, men have to struggle a lot to maintain their royal look. To give a mouth shutting reply to all these problems, here is a list of some basic tips on how to grow a thicker beard.
How To Grow A Thicker Beard: Some Basic Tips
1. It all starts from being patient
To grow a beard is a boy’s job, to keep it growing is man’s chore. If you want to grow your beard thicker, you should first be patient enough to let it grow. Throw razors and trimmers away from you. Being a newbie in this whole beard thing might give you pleasant dreams with fully grown beards acting like a knight in shining armor for a girl, but turning this dream into reality is laborious. So if you’ve got enough nerve to let your beard grow without laying the devil trimmer on it for about 4 to 6 weeks, then you’re ready to read the next tip on how to grow a thicker beard.
2. Keep your beard nourished
Care for your facial hair just the same as you care for hair on your head. Keeping the beard nourished requires all your attention and love (pun intended). Here are some points that’ll help you-
Use beard oil- Disturbed by the constant itching on your face caused by the beard? Try Beard Oil, a perfect moisturizer and container of jojoba oil in abundance. If it does not interest you, then go for eucalyptus oil.
Wash your face properly- Shampoo your beard regularly. It gives moisture to your facial hair. You can also try tree tea oil based conditioner or argan oil conditioner. Use a face wash every time you wet your beard.
3.Solve your itch-y problem
When you are in between that 4-6 weeks of growing your beard, you might face many problems, major one being –itching. Most of the men fail at this step and lose confidence to make their beard look fuller. Remember, this itching will only persist in the weeks where you are letting your beard grow. Once you have grown the beard to its fullest, the itching will automatically vanish. So just for those hell longing days, all you need is to keep washing your face with a mild cleanser. Keep your face clean. If itching persists, try 1% hydrocortisone cream. It will help you with your scratching problem.
4.Choose your style and trim
Once you’ve survived the hardest 4-6 weeks of your full-of-judgey-eyes life, you can choose a style for your face. Depending upon your face cut, you have a plenty of options about the way you want to keep your look. Got your style and imagined your look, you can come back from your dreams and can get your hands on the trimmer. Trim properly because I don’t think you want to go through the darkest phase of your life once again. Do you?
5.Good food, good lifestyle
- Nothing really works if your inner body does not allow. If you want to get a thicker beard, start caring for your body. Take proper diet, the one with all nutrients. Hair is protein filament. The more protein intake, the fuller beard you get. Take foods that increase your testosterone levels. Eggs, nuts, Vitamin C, green leafy vegetables, fish, broccoli, salmon will provide you with best nutrients your beard needs.
Along with this, may it be mentioned in the “beard category” or not, drink plenty of water. This keeps you hydrated and away from a lot of diseases. When inside body is healthy, only then you can notice best results and learn how to grow a thicker beard.
6.Care for your body
- Harsh but true fact about beards is that the growth of facial hairs is dependent on your genes. But we can’t cry over our ancestors for all of this, instead, we can find our own way. Exercise regularly to promote your testosterone levels. From weight lifting to cycling, all sorts of exercises help in improving circulation and bringing you closer to your goal on how to grow a thicker beard. It helps to carry nutrients through the blood stream to reach to hair follicles. Cardiovascular and muscle building exercises for about 5 days a week will not only help you with your beard problems but will also enhance your fitness.
- In Addition to this, try to take more rest and less stress. Take peaceful and sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours a day. It helps in repairing and regenerating damaged cells. Any compromise in minimum sleeping hours can get you in stress and can have a negative impingement on your testosterone levels. More stress can result in hair loss as it can restrict blood vessels by which it’ll become difficult for the nutrients to reach your skin and hair. An important Tip on how to grow a thicker beard.
If your facial hair won’t grow after trying the best diets that exist, then maybe your food lacks the proper nutrients that your body desires. Everyone is blessed with a different body and its different conditions. If something is holding you back from getting a thick beard then maybe taking supplements is your option. Vitamin supplements work best for hair growth. 2.5mg of biotin consumption daily is even recommended by dermatologists. Apart from this, Vitamin B1, B6, B12, D, zinc, copper, magnesium and vitamin E have their own positives on your body.
Even if you are thinking of growing your beard after some months and not now, you should try having a proper diet and should exercise often. Maybe not today, but the day you decide to grow a thick beard and show off the real classy men that you are, that day all you will need is a scroll down through this list.